Sunday, March 9, 2008

Thad's Cozy Cafe, 965 Sutter St.

Today was the first time I have eaten here. I got out of bed, got dressed, and made it outside at about 12:30 pm.

It's pretty much a hole in the wall with three inside tables and three outside tables. The owner does the cooking, serving, cashiering, you name it. He also fires up a charcoal grill outside in the afternoon for burgers, chicken and shrimp skewers (I suspect this is either just Sundays, or just when the weather permits). I'll be back for that some day!

Today I had French toast, bacon and coffee.

Pluses: Mainly the comfy outside seating, especially on a beautiful day like today. No one else was there, and I LOVE that in a restaurant. The bacon was good, the coffee was good. The owner is very nice.

Minuses: The French toast was not freshly made (it was the cinnamon swirl kind) and was just heated, rather than grilled. No butter was served with it. The table was wobbly.

My tab was $10.

No comments: