Tuesday, March 11, 2008

New Village Cafe, 1424 Polk St.

This lovely meal took place at 12 noon. So far, this is my favorite place, and I'll tell you why:

Pluses: NO MUSIC! So rare, and yet, so welcome. Hardly anyone there, which I always love, it makes taking up a whole booth by myself not seem so bad (there are just 9 booths and 4 tables in the place). They had newspapers. I love that. I had 2 bacon, 2 eggs, home fries and toast, at a price of $4.25! They bacon was huge and delicious. They provide two jelly packets with the toast. There were a lot of singles there. I always wonder why I never see other single women eating breakfast, it's always single men, and nearly always old men (though there was a cute younger guy at a nearby table. What IS it with beards on young guys around here? Trying to look tough? Older? Less gay? More gay? I do wonder).

Minuses: the booth seats are old, ripped, taped up and uncomfortable. At least, that booth was, and I usually sit in that one when I go there, for some reason. The home fries were so greasy they were practically transparent (though they were tasty). The eggs were just slightly underdone.

I lingered reading and writing. Even though I didn't finish the potatoes I was quite full. My tab including tip: $7!!

No comments: